Sunday, March 1, 2009

Taking the time...

It's crazy how busy life can get, the days seem to pass by before you know it. With school, work, and the other day-t0-day aspects of life, time seems to slip away.

Today marks the 11th week of our pregnancy (only one more week to go before we are out of the 1st trimester! It seems like yesterday this all began. I'm sure that the next 29 weeks will go by too soon. I try to stop and appreciate every aspect of this adventure. As a woman, if you pay attention to your body and how easily things change... the whole process will amaze you. Tomorrow marks another doctor's appointment that I am looking foward to. Just a simple check-up is enough to put my mind at ease for another 4 weeks. Hearing the heartbeat is always a wonderful feeling... it's like a little nudge that, "hey! this is still happening." What a blessing...

Even though there is a lot going on with the baby, I am still taking the time, if not more so now, to try and strengthen my relationship with God. I find that the more I pray and focus on living my life by his word, that things seem to fall together with a lot more ease than before. I wake up looking foward to reading a devotional or taking time for prayer. It's a beautiful thing, once you let God in, he comes in full-force. The hardest part of getting to this point is as our minister said today "having the self-confidence to do so". There is so much truth and light to what he says. It is sometimes hard for us to believe that giving up control of our lives and handing it over to someone else is the best thing to do. Especially since human-nature tells us to strive to gain more control everyday.
But this is what makes the love of God so beautiful. It isnt easy to ask for and it isn't easy to accept. Yet, once you get a feeling for it, It is the easiest thing to want to be a part of. You will realize that without him, you can never be the person he created you to be. I owe this to much more than church attendance and weekly bible studies (although they have played a huge part). The love from Him that I have grown to strive for was created through the love, forgiveness, and caring from friends and family. When you see how those around you touched by God can always see the best in you, it causes you to want to seek out that relationship with him as well.

I encourage everyone to stop for a brief moment to think about what has been given unto you. Thank those around you who accept you for who you are. And try to let the Love he has for you, make its way into your heart.

I promise, you'll be glad you did.

It never hurts to gain a friend, and for some of us, a Father.

1 comment:

  1. Nicely said. I am proud at how much you have grown. I know God is smiling at his work.

    ReplyDelete