Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Hypo-Allergenic.... new word in my vocabulary


Well, it's official....

Josh took Remy to the vet yesterday. For a while we had noticed Remy was always itching and scratching. After looking for hours and NEVER finding a flea, I came to my own conclusions, being the dermatologist that I am..... Psoriasis.
Okay... so maybe it wasnt THAT bad.. but it was starting to bother me a little. We tried oatmeal baths and brushing on a schedule(all to no avail). I had tried to convince Josh that cheap food just doesnt work the same as some as the higher quality foods. Yet, there was no persuading him that Red Nuggets might not have the same nutritional value as Nutro.

UNTIL YESTERDAY

Around 11 am I get a phone call from my beloved husband, filling me in on ALL of the allergies Remy apparently might have (I KNEW IT!). There was now a strict regimn of diets and vitamins, along with special hollistic shampoos and sprays that we would need to use if we didn't want our little Golden Retriever to loose all of his skin.

Josh the worried father.... Deann.... the laughing mother...

OF COURSE remy would have food allergies to corn meal and every other filler dog food companies use... Of course he would need special shampoos and sprays with Aloe and Vit E.
After all, we already own another dog with known separation anxiety and nervous issues (he lost all of his hair when Josh& I went on vacation and lost 4 of his 15 pounds... after he peed all over the crate everytime we left). SO TO ME, this had a little humor in it that I'm not quite sure Josh has found yet...

But until he does...... I'll keep a concerned look on my face everytime we give Remy a bath with his prescription shampoo, or hand him his special hypo-allergenic treats. Then i'll just sneak around the corner and laugh a little bit... because after all, you can't ever take life too seriously.. or you may end up with Psoriasis.


When GOD had made the earth and sky
the flowers and the trees,
He then made all the animals and the birds and bees.
And when His work was finished and not one was quite the same,
He said "I'll walk this earth of mine and give each one a name".
And so He traveled land and sea and everywhere He went,
a little creature followed Him until it's strength was spent.
When all were named upon the earth
and in the sky and sea,
the little creature said: "Dear Lord, there's no name left for me!".
The Father smiled and softly said,
"I've left you to then end,
I've turned my own name back to front
and called you "DOG", my friend."



1 comment:

  1. So glad you got Amanda to do your blog! She does the best job.

    ReplyDelete